British Canoeing are recruiting the second wave of paddlers to join the British Canoeing Future Leaders programme!
They are looking for passionate, enthusiastic, creative people who have an aspiration to take on a club, event, regional or national committee roles within the next 2-3 years and who have ideas on how events, regional and national committees should grow and improve canoeing.
It doesn’t matter what type of paddling you do, or how good you are, just as long as you want to help make a difference to the sport and have both commitment and passion for the sport. In summary, the programme content will give:
- Build influencing and networking skills
- Learn how to build successful teams and running high quality meetings
- Learn about British Canoeing and understand how volunteer committees work
- Get a mentor to support and guide you
- Have an opportunity to sit on one of the British Canoeing key committees and undertake a project (topics might include, access, environment, competitions, paddle-ability, international, event production, coaching, talent support, journalism…. The list is endless …the only limit will be the time it takes and convincing a national or regional committee to adopt your project)
The programme is for over 18’s and as it’s Sport England funded you will need to be based in England!
There are 2 weekends in Nottingham (16th/17th November 2019 & 8th/9th February 2020), mentoring and project placements with committees. Expenses are included.
The closing date is Tuesday 27th August – so get your application in now!